When Erica first told us of her challenge to make 5000 cards for St Jude's, I didn't think I could make cards for this project. Cards need sentiments and all I could think of was how horrible I would feel if I was a kid stuck in a hospital. So, I started trying new things, things I have seen before, things I have unsuccessfully tried before and I ended up making a bunch of cards and will work on a few more before July1st to send to Erica. You can help too. All cards are appreciated and will help Erica reach her goal of 5000 cards.
My Rocking Horse card and It's a Girl Thing card are different folds that allow for more dimension and more fun.
It's a Girl Thing!
I added polka dot paper strips to the card base and then added a pink strip on the front of the card. The larger stars are cut from George and Basic Shape. The wand is an L from George and one of the stars welded together. The cut size is 1.69 x 3.41 I cut 2 to make it a bit sturdier then added a star in polka dot and another using the silhouette feature to frame the star. The crown is from Gypsy Wanderings and cut at 3.69 x 2.38.
I wanted this card to be full of glitter or princess dust so I added a lot of shimmer. I made some homemade glimmer mist the other night and was playing with a purple color. It just happened to work with my papers so I used it for the top layer of the crown and a couple of the stars. I added stickles and also used a dot embossing folder to add some shimmer and dimension. Finally I wanted more shimmer so I added some butterflies, tiny stars and the "It's a Girl Thing, stickers and die cuts from a Kurio Embellishment Book. This is probably the most glitter I have used on one card!.
My Rocking Horse Card.
I used a pastel blue card stock for the card base and covered it with the polka dot paper. I cut the card at 4.25 x 11 and then scored at 5.5 and 2.75.
The Rocking horse is cut from the Christmas cart at 4.18 x 2.84. I used the same blue card stock layered with craft paper. The blocks are cut from Printing Press. I created a shadow by first copying the 3 blocks, hiding the letters then re-sizing, so it is just a bit larger then welded it together. The welded blocks are cut at 3.53 x 2.18 I adhered all the pieces together and then placed on the card using pop dots for dimension and to hold up the easel. I decided to add a couple of buttons and used blue embroidery thread.
So those are two of the cards I made for Sunshine and Smiles. I love comments and followers. Have fun hopping and have a crafty card making day.
Next on the hop is Suzy's Crafts
If you get lost, this may help you...